Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Carly Sobolewski- Paper Value Project






In my opinion I added artistic value to the sheet of paper by creating a tiny scene on one end. The process actually took awhile because the miniature cuts and proportions had to be so precise. The scene is of a girl and boy, or woman and man standing by a tree with a swing on what looks to be a fall or winter day. If you peek through the smaller end of the cylinder you can see the details in the cut-outs. The idea was inspired by something I used to do with my dad and sister when I was a kid. We would use cardboard or paper cut-outs to make shadows on the wall and tell stories or perform puppet shows. These memories from my childhood give it personal/sentimental value as well. The paper is no longer a flat sheet, instead it has begun to form and tell a story of its own.


No comments:

Post a Comment