Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ryan Rosebrough- Paper Value Project


With Valentine's Day right around the corner i decided to instill a theme of love into my paper. Our project was to increase the value of a normal sheet of paper as much as possible. With this in mind, I decided to make a Valentine's Day card to a special person in my life in hope to increase the paper's personal value. This is such a wonderful piece of art that I also increased its monetary value. Let's be honest, who would want this work? My inspiration for this came from popular art work by Simon Schubert and Peter Callesen. I simply cut out half of a heart and folded it over to create the full heart which I colored red with marker. The word "LOVE" is spelled across the bottom (it may be hard to see). I achieved this by creasing the paper over 3D letters that I had to give it an embossed effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment