Thursday, December 9, 2010

Art Show- JoJo Ciancio

Overall, I thought the Art Show was pretty incredible. There were so many good pieces of artwork being displayed on hand. I almost felt as if my artwork did not belong in the same art show because my work was so simple compared to everyone else. This art show just reiterated how many talented young people there are in the world. We are fortunate to have a lot of talented artists here at Butler and that concept amazes me.
There were a lot of excellent pieces of artwork, but there were a few that captured my attention. However, I do not recall any of the titles of the artwork. So I will describe the artwork from the best of my ability. One piece was a picture that had to do with alcoholism. The picture contained a bunch of empty alcohol bottles. The piece was made because the artist’s dad died of alcoholism and she wanted to display how negative alcohol is to oneself. This piece was very powerful and it makes you stop and think. I am fortunate enough to have no one in my family that suffers from alcoholism and this picture reiterates how lucky I am. I am very blessed. Another piece that stood out to me was a piece done by one of my teammates called, “From Somebody to Nobody.” This piece stuck with me because this teammate is a friend of mine and I felt bad for him. I can understand why he is transferring schools now. He does not feel like he belongs here, and that saddens me because he is a nice kid and I really liked him as a friend. I am going to miss him.
In the end, play is something that will never leave my life. I feel like I play almost every day. I love messing around with my brother and sister as well as my friends. Play is a part of my nature and who I am. I love playing with my little cousins and acting like a little kid. I hope I never stop playing. I will try to make sure work does not take up my entire life and that I still have time to play because I love play.

No comments:

Post a Comment