Thursday, December 9, 2010

Art Show - Rachel Heck

I thought the art show was very well laid out. The displays looked great and none of the pieces overpowered any other piece. All of the art work was outstanding, but my favorite piece was one of the silhouettes from another PCA class. The silhouette was wholly a nature scene. The outside of the figure was a peaceful, bright and sunny day. On the inside (it was not a different image entirely, but instead a continuation of the outside scene), was a dark version of the sunny day; almost as though a dark shadow had fallen on that section of the piece. The clouds were cumulonimbus with lightening striking the ground below them. The trees and grasses all had a shadow over them and the body of water near the trees had rain drops falling into i and water splashing from it. I love nature and I thought this silhouette was truly beautiful. :) So, I'd have to say it was incredibly successful in capturing my attention.
"Play" will always be a part of my life. I currently work at a nursery at a church, so I'm surrounded by little kids for three hours every weekend. They're all 3 and under and love to play with absolutely anything. Of course, I play right along with them!! Also, I am currently pursuing a volunteer position at the Children's Museum of Indianapolis. That place has many fond memories stored within its walls from when I was younger. To be able to go back and watch the kids have as much fun as I remember having will keep "play" and enjoyment of the simplest things in life forever instilled in my heart.
Thank you Professor Rao and Dr. Skinner for teaching this class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment