Thursday, December 9, 2010

Art Show Reflection-Courtney Reynolds


1) I absolutely loved the art show, I'm not sure what I was expecting but it was definitely better than what I had anticipated; there was such great and creative work! I took some little notes while I was going through the rows just so I could remember what I liked about different displays. I really enjoyed the variety of art work; from graphic design to photography to pencil drawings and collages. LOVED IT! Oh, and the music was a nice background to everything as well :).

2) My favorite works were the photography for sure, I just loved them, however the art that stood out to me so much that it was the first piece I thought of when trying to answer this question was called "Generosity." It was not a photo, but it stood out to me the most. The student had made a tree shape out of the images of children's faces the background resembled a sky, and in bright red letters it said "Generosity" and a red shape was attached to the branch of the tree. I automatically was intrigued by how unique the piece was, but once I read the caption I was very touched. The artist had been given a red bracelet from a little girl she met on a trip to Honduras. The artist said that she obtained a whole new perspective on generosity as a result; a little girl with barely anything to her name was willing to give such a special gift. Wow. That piece was so touching and personal so it was definitely my favorite.

3) To maintain the idea of "play" in my life I will remember that anything can be turned into something fun. We discussed this in class one day, that even a monotonous activity can be turned into something fun and creative if we just put our minds to making it that way. I will try to remember that when I'm in a dry meeting or waiting in traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment