Friday, December 10, 2010

Art Show- Michael Park

As much as I was exposed to art during the course of the semester, I had forgotten how amazing art could be. The art show truly reminded me of all the different types of art out there and that art has no limitations. I enjoyed that there was a good variety whether it was sculptures, drawings, or even graphic designs. Overall, I was impressed by all the artwork out there. What surprised me even more was the quality of everything that had been created. It just shows that everyone has a creative side to them and that it just needs to be awakened inside them. Out of all the artworks, a piece from the "Introduction to Illustration" left a profound imprint in my mind. I believe it was a sketch of a flower and a pot. It may sound mediocre, but the piece was unbelievable. The way it had been drawn and shaded especially caught my attention. It just looked so realistic, yet it was created by a person and a pencil which is extraordinary. Every single curve, line, shading seemed so perfectly placed, thus it was very successful at catching my attention. As far as the play aspect of my life goes, I do not believe that will be a problem. I think I have kept play as an aspect of my life thus far, but I just did not acknowledge it. Whether it is playing basketball, or even just playing video games, play will always be a part of my life. The hard part actually is trying not to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment