Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ashleigh Schneckenberger-Silhouette Project


For my silhouette project I showed how I buy things as a consumer and what others buy things for me. On the inside of the silhouette I put the products I have bought for myself and on the outside I put products that other people have bought for me. For instance, I put a snowboard on the outside because one of my friends bought me tickets to Perfect North to go snowboarding. I lined the outside of the silhouette with string. This shows how I purchase string for myself to knit scarves but on the flip side I make the scarves for others. I found out that I buy a lot of necessities for myself and other people buy me more luxury items that I do not necessarily need. I buy things if and when I need them, for the most part. I put pictures of deodorant, pants and shoes. I think my silhouette makes a statement about myself. It shows how other people perceive me and buy things for me. My friends and family have bought me items that are athletic based almost. I think people perceive me as more athletic then anything. I also noticed that I buy things when I need them not just for fun. I think this showed a lot about how I value you my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment