Sunday, October 10, 2010

Silhouette Project - Phil Schroeder


My silhouette project focused on the items I consume on a daily basis and how they affect me personally. On the outside of my project are all of the items that I use externally. This includes my clothing, entertainment, and car to name a few examples. On the inside are all the items I use internally or on my body such as food items, shampoo, and toothpaste. This project has brought into the light the extensive amounts of products that I consume on a daily basis. As a consumer I purchase many name brands like element clothing, Underarmor apparel, orbit gum, and Gatorade beverages. This project has also helped me to discover the amount of different products I use just in my every day life. I never really tried to make a list of every name brand item I used in a day and as the day went on the list grew larger and larger. I also noticed how I tend to only purchase name brand products such as Axe products and American Eagle clothing, even when these products are generally more expensive. This project helped me to understand the power of design and name brands because it is considered the social norm and better to wear clothes from Nike, Underarmor, or American Eagle even when a person could buy much more generic clothing for the same prices. Overall this project has helped me to understand myself as a consumer and how the world of marketing helps to add value to many different name brand items.

No comments:

Post a Comment