Sunday, October 10, 2010

Silhouette Project - Cam Thompson




I began my silhouette project by keeping a consumption journal for two weeks (September 28th-October 9th); and over this time, it became quite clear that I was a creature of habit. I tend to buy the same brands and I am very loyal to certain product lines, Tazo tea, Numi tea and Kin’s Kitchen for Chinese takeout. Surprisingly, I discovered that I was fairly predictable in shopping, even for new items I tried this year, like Ile De France, Yoplait, Quaker oatmeal, Jif peanut butter, Inter-American select nuts and Mike’s hard lemonade. Because of my consistency, I decided to create my silhouette using the most frequent items I have consumed over my life span (depicted as the background) and my latest obsessions (as my silhouette). Apparently, I have consumed more Chinese takeout and green tea than anything else in my 21 years. I also noticed that the majority of the products I have and continue purchasing come in green packages, which happens to be my favorite color. Is it shallow that I try new items partly due to color? I don’t think so in the least, since the color is what attracted me to them in the first place!
I feel that my consumption pattern reflects my personality and how I approach most aspects of my life. I enjoy a busy and fairly predictable schedule, and I am conscientious of what I consume in a health sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment