Friday, October 8, 2010

Collage Written Explanation


I learned a few things regarding my consumer habits as I went about this project. First of all I organized it as things I need and like to buy within the silhouette; and then all the different types of edible things I buy either for my dorm--like snacks--or things I get when I eat out on the weekends. A lot of my spending goes on food and that's because the food at Butler is hard to survive on. Every time I ran to Target this week I realized I was restocking the dorm with food/snacks. For the inside I arranged it by placing cool colors as the background before I collaged over the top of it. That kind of symbolizes that I tend to buy things that are green, blue, or violet because those are my favorite colors. Then the objects that overly the background are things I enjoy buying like clothes or shoes. I also put in things that I need and use on a regular basis such as a toothbrush, face wash, and makeup. I usually decide what I'm going to buy by what I feel is needed or sounds useful at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment