Sunday, October 10, 2010

silhouette project



When originally assigned this project, and explained that it should show two sides of ones self, I knew exactly what I wanted my halves to represent. My life is like any other. During the school year I live in a city but in the summer time I travel thousands of miles into the bush to work at a fishing lodge in northern Canada. I can think of no starker contrasts. This project shows a unique separation. On the inside are brands I frequently use during the summer. I love the outdoors and this is why I chose to put it on the inside. Fishing equipment, outdoor clothing, boats, and other equipment are all staples of my summer life. On the outside is reflected my time in the United States. Restaurants, computers, videogames, and society are all shown here in the brands and logos.

These two sides are vastly different and almost none of the brands are reflected in the other side. This project shows exactly who I am. A person who lives in two very different, very exciting worlds and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment