Sunday, October 10, 2010

JoJo Ciancio- Brand Silhouette Reflection


The purpose of my silhouette was to represent me as a student-athlete at Butler University. I am on the football team at Butler, but first and more importantly I am a student. I wanted people when they looked at my silhouette, to see all the brands that I use for school and for football. I divided up the silhouette into two parts. The inside of my head, “the ground,” represents the brands I use for school versus the outside of my head, “the foreground,” which represents all the brands I use for football.
My silhouette project represents me as a consumer who is brand loyal. From the pictures on my silhouette, one could tell that I used multiple pictures to represent the same brand. For example, if you look in the region outside of the outline of my head, the foreground, one will see the brand Nike used for the majority of the space. It is the brand that I use the most in my life as a consumer. This shows that I buy a lot of athletic wear because I need it to play football. It also shows that I am very brand loyal because I use the brand Nike the most for football. I keep buying from Nike because I feel that they produce a good product to help me play at my best. Also, in the foreground, you will see brands used that I need for nutrients to help my body grow and recover from playing football. If you look in the top left hand corner of the silhouette, you will see brands for protein, water, Gatorade, multivitamins, and fish oils. All of these brands help to improve my performance on and off the field. Each play a vital role into helping me receive the nutrients to keep my body going.
On the inside of my head one will see all the brands I use for school. These materials consist mostly of brands like Bic, Papermate, and Jansport. Most of these brands I have been using since I was a little kid. This once again reiterates the idea that I am a loyal consumer. I sometimes buy things because of their brand name, but most of all I buy things based on their reputation and performance. If the performance is good the first time, I will keep going back to that brand. Overall the brands of my project should represent the idea that I am very brand loyal.
The reason for why I divided up the brands into two different parts, school and football, was to represent the idea of a student-athlete. The reason for the colors green and brown on the outside of the silhouette is because the colors brown and green are associated with football. The color of the grass is green and the color the dirt is brown. There is more green than brown because grass is more visually abundant on the field than mud. The use of these colors is to give the idea of using colors to symbolize football. I also categorized the products. I put all the supplements and diet brands in the top left hand corner. On the right hand side of the poster, I put all the products I use when I am getting dressed. On left hand side of the poster is all of the miscellaneous stuff that I use for football.
The inside of my poster has the color blue to represent me as a student at Butler. I put the logo for Butler in the center because academics are the main reason for why I go to school here. I am here to get a degree. I put Jansport at the top of the head because it represents my backpack. My backpack carries all the products that I put on the inside of my poster. So it represents how the backpack contains all the other products. The arrows drawn inside and outside my head represent the idea that a student-athlete works together. You can’t have one without the other. However, the academic brands are on the inside because school is more important than sports.
Overall this silhouette shows an interesting concept. I really like the way my project turned out. It took a lot of time and effort but it was very rewarding. I felt so accomplished when I finished it. In the artistic sense it shows me as a student- athlete. In the business sense it shows me as a loyal costumer. Both are an accurate assessment of me and that is why I liked how I designed my silhouette.

No comments:

Post a Comment