Thursday, February 24, 2011

Public Art Pitch Reflection - Ashley

If I were a Butler alum looking to invest in art for the campus, I would be most inclined to fund the "Butler Planner" piece. I felt like it combined the concepts of functionality and beauty in the most impressive manner. The agenda with events happening on campus would be really helpful for every student. The large map would be perfect for guests visiting campus. The over all design would be both beautiful and fun! It looked like the perfect place to hang out, read, do some studying, or just take a lunch break. I was especially impressed with the way the project was presented. Their pitch was both informative and aesthetically pleasing! They told us everything we needed to know in a concise, easy to understand description. Then the video capped off the project perfectly! I was very impressed.

Unfortunately, I also think that the "Butler Planner" project might be the most expensive to fund. Because it combines elements of video and large art pieces together, the cost might add up. Materials will be needed that will sustain the weather and abuse of students. There will also need to be some maintenance involved in keeping everything clean, safe, and functioning. The agenda element which requires a computer set-up with screens, will be particularly important to maintain. Extra staff might be required or current staff will have to expand their duties. That costs.

I would revise my pitch. Know now how the class will react to certain elements and seeing how many different ways there are to pitch something creatively, I would make some small changes. I was happy with out presentation, however I always think there is room for improvement. Perhaps some tweaked images, some more interactive presentation elements, even a more creative approach to the whole concept. I think if we had more time, we could have created something more unique!

No comments:

Post a Comment