Thursday, February 24, 2011

Public Art Pitch Reflection

Kaylin Beckwith

PCA 261

February 24, 2011

I really enjoyed the yellow bubble wand, and this is the project that I would choose to fund given the chance. This public art piece is fun, airy, and bright. It also has a great sentimental value that I think all of the Butler students can understand. I enjoyed how the group not only explained the greater meaning, but turned it into a positive when it is usually commented on in a derogatory sense. True, the Butler Bubble separates us from the surrounding Indianapolis area; however, the bubble can also represent our tight-knit community and sense of permeability.

Although I really enjoyed the proposal, I believe that the Butler Planner and accompanying books would be the most expensive project to fund. The electronic screen needed for the planner would be expensive, along with precautions needed to keep it safe from vandalism and weather, a person needed to keep information up to date, and the continued electrical power needed for the project. All of these expenses listed are for the planner alone, and then there are also the additional costs of the books and benches construction. This will also be hefty due to the large nature of the main books, plus the addition of the smaller bench books and so forth. If this project were to be chosen, I would say get the fundraising started now!

Unfortunately, due to illnesses my team is enduring, my group has not yet given its presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment