Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Katie Zeiger- Public Art Pitch Reflection

1.) Out of the six presentations that I witnessed, as a Butler alumna, I would choose to fund the "Butler Bubble" Wand project. The thing that I like most about this piece of artwork is that it is thought provoking and controversial. Although some people describe the "bubble" as being negative, I think that the "bubble" describes the close-knit community that Butler provides for its students. Also, to an outsider or visitor, this piece of art would stick out while providing something unique to remember and ask questions about. The idea for this project is ideal because it would be fairly inexpensive compared with some of the other projects, and everything from the size, subject, color, and controversy associated with this piece of art, would catch the attention of the public.

2.) I think that the "Jungle Jim" project would require the most funding due to its size and the technology required to create and operate the circular treadmill. I believe that this project was by far one of the most innovative ideas and definitely makes sense for the location it is in; however, the starting costs and the cost of maintenance would prove to be rather expensive over time. It would also cost quite a bit to protect the "Jungle Jim" from the outdoor elements, as well as from vandalism.

3.) If I had the Chance to revise my group's pitch I would not do much to change things. I might have practiced a little more on exactly what to say, or used the photo shopping tool to place our models in a photograph of the actual site. I would keep the mix of sketches, clues, maps, and models. I believe that our passion for our proposal and our clues were the things that made our presentation stand out. Our enthusiasm gave us the confidence to relax and explain everything about the scavenger hunt and what it would do for Butler. It was fun to read the clues and have the class interacting during our presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment