Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Veronika Lewis-Public Art Pitch Reflection

1.If I was going to choose a public art project to fund as an alumna from Butler, I would have to pick Blue's Buried Treasures. Not only is it a creative idea, and would be a fun interactive way to interest incoming students to the school, during tours, it is representative of cool things about the school. Each area was very specific with what sculpture was put where, and the reasoning was well put together. The objects seemed awesome and big enough to entertain a small child too, and the rhymes were cool to figure out. This is family friendly, and gets students to know the campus and school in a more creative and fun way.
2. I think "Picnic on the mall" would require the most funding because not only are there 21 sculptures, I think I counted, that are life size looking, but also they are pewter which is going to end up being extremely expensive. I love the idea; I just think that many sculptures around campus would be a lot of money.
3. I don't think I'd revise our pitch, because we were pretty excited about our idea, although I loved everyone's ideas as well. I think the best part of our pitch was discussing the four things we thought we'd represent with Jungle Jim, being school spirit, community, play, and physical well being. We explained each well and I think all four of those things are important factors to being successful with school and as a representation of a school.

No comments:

Post a Comment