Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lauren Bacon - Public Art Pitch Reflection

1.) I would be most inclined to fund the "Picnic on the Mall" public art project. I love how the chalkboard/pewter statues are set up to be interactive and that students/alumni/visitors can add to the art. The ability to change the art intrigues me. Before this course I always thought of art as something to be looked at and admired. Breaking this mold by adding an interactive aspect challenges typical norms. Moreover, the statues are placed in meaningful places throughout campus, drawing attention to the beauty Butler holds.

2.) Out of all of the proposals, I would think the "Ask Blue" project would be most expensive. First, the purchase of the touch screens will be very expensive. Second, the upkeep and repairs of the touch screen technology will also be extremely expensive. Plus, since there are four locations, this increases the cost. Finally, the physical materials to create four statues of the proposed size will add to the cost.

3.) The only thing I think I would revise would be to try and find a way to make models of the academic buildings and actually show how the catwalks would look when connected to them. We attempted to do so with cardboard, but it looked cheap and took away from how compelling the plexiglass models of the catwalks were.

No comments:

Post a Comment