Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Public Art Pitch Reflection

The best presentation for the public art pitch was the Ask Blue TV stations. I think that this is a really good idea for our school because it is both creative, useful, and interactive. With the places that the group decided that they would put their project, it would be an essential asset to the Butler Community. It offers so many different options that it would provide within. All the things that Butler offers such extracurriculars, speakers, and events should all be given as information to the campus. 
I think that the Picnic on the Mall would be most expensive. Their project consists 20 individual statues throughout the campus. I think that in addition to all the materials, construction and everything, with maintenance to upkeep the statues could end up being very costly in the long end. 
If we could do our pitch again, I wish that we would have been a bit more prepared. I think that our ideas were very solid, but if we would have had a presentation like a PowerPoint, it would have really enhanced our presentation in total. I really did like our public art idea but when we went to construct it, it didn't work out like we had hoped. I wish we could have made our original work better.

No comments:

Post a Comment