Thursday, February 24, 2011

Public Art Pitch Reflection

Mike Ruff

Aesthetics and Design

February 24, 2011

1. The piece of public art I would choose is the one with the people like statues. The reason why I would choose that to be displayed on Butler’s campus is because it’s fun and interactive; there are many of the statues as opposed to just one piece of art. Also I’ve had experience with some statues like that so I can relate to how cool they are in person and seeing them first hand really reminds me of how interesting those statues are, especially when they are doing human like activities.

2. The project that I think would require the most funding is the one where it was a little touch screen with different Butler Information in it. Despite the fact that it goes along with our society’s technology craving, with all of the people that come by and touch it, it is bound to break and cause future funding in order to keep it well maintained. Also the initial funding itself would be expensive, just because it is technology and it’s touch screen.

3. If I received a chance to revise my pitch, I certainly would. I would definitely make a PowerPoint for the audience and also try to incorporate some more photos and possibly a song? The list can go on with the things I’d change, but if I had to make one I would definitely start with making a PowerPoint that got my classmates involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment