Sunday, February 27, 2011

Public Art Pitch Reflection- Mark Hirschenberger

1. All of the public art project pitches were interesting, but the one that I would invest in if I were a Butler alum would be Blue's Buried Treasures. This idea was the most unique to me. Every one of the statues in the "treasure hunt" were symbolic and had a meaning for students on campus. It was also the most interactive. If people chose not to directly interact with the statues, they would still exist on campus as pieces of public art work.
2. The Jungle Jim would be the most expensive design to fund due to the large size and intricacy of how it is built. It also included a treadmill which would be expensive to build . The treadmill would use a lot of power to actually run it too, so it would be a constant expense.
3. If I had to revise my pitch, I would probably make it more interactive to the audience. Since everyone in the audience were all Butler students, I would make sure that I made the interactivity universal for the whole audience. Our project was The "Butler Bubble" Wand. Since my group decided that that Butler Bubble is something everyone could relate to, it would be interesting if we could make the whole crowd interact with our idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment