Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Public Art Pitch Reflection

If I were to fund one of the public art projects, I would choose the Bubble Wand piece. I thought that the group did a really great job of explaining its significance, the needs it addressed, and the visual components were really nice as well. I also liked that a bit of mystery was included in that it's not quite obvious what the exact meaning of the structure is. In terms of funding, I'd say that the technology-based projects would be the most expensive. In particular, Jungle Jim would probably cost the most due to its large size and high technology outdoor treadmills. There's also the possibility of a lot of maintenance if the treadmill were to break down, or the need to hire supervisors for safety.
If we had the chance to revise our pitch, I don't think that we would have done anything differently in terms of content. If anything, it might have been beneficial to write out and practice EXACTLY what to say. On the same token, I liked that fact that we didn't have anything memorized because it sounded more natural and really highlighted our knowledge and excitement about our project. I think the best part of our presentation was that we were able to get a bit of audience participation by walking the class through the scavenger hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment