Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Public Art Pitch Reflection- Carly Sobolewski

1.) I really enjoyed listening to each presentation and thought all the projects were creative but if I had to pick one to help fund it would be the Butler Bubble Wand. This group's piece really stood out from the rest. It is more conceptual than all of the others and it seemed like they put alot of thought into it. The simplicity of the wand makes it beautiful and harder to interpret by prospective students and visitors. I like the idea that the true meaning intended by the group would be a little secret we have here at Butler and it would also be a daily reminder of our close community.

2.) Personally I think that the Jungle Jim idea would be the most financially demanding. The size of both the monkey bar man and the track would require a large amount of work, time and money to build. Also because it is seasonal it would need more maintenance and repair work if broken. However, as a runner I do like the idea of an outdoor treadmill because staring at a wall while running inside is extremely obnoxious!

3.) Overall I think our presentation went well. We met beforehand and practiced what we were going to say more than once. I think the flow of speech could have been a little better but I'm very proud of Caroline and Radha for working so hard. Also we didn't remember to point out that we had our models set out on our table. I think the best part of our presentation was the video just because it was unexpected, short, and sweet. We had alot of fun with this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment