Thursday, February 24, 2011

Public Art Pitch- Reflection

1. If I were a Butler alum I would look to invest in the "Butler Bubble" wand. I would choose to invest my money in this particular project because of the greater meaning behind the piece of art. This piece of art would give meaning to past, present, and future Butler students and allow each generation to have a connection between one another. Not only does it connect the various generations but also it symbolizes a part of Butler no one but the Butler community understands drawing us together yet again. Also, it's a different type of artwork that would let your imagination ponder and develop an individual idea as to what the art symbolizes, the function of the piece, and the placement of the piece. This is why I would choose the "Butler Bubble."

2. The project that would require the most funding I believe would be the Jungle Jim. This project has many various aspects to it that I believe would contribute to a higher material cost. For example, they would have an industrial treadmill circling around Jim which has to be big enough to accommodate a large number of people. Something of this nature that has to be specifically made would elevate the price. Also, the cost of a three story climbing contraption would be greater due to insurance coverage needed because of the height of the statue on top of the moving of the treadmill. In the end, I believe all of their materials have higher cost compared to the other projects which seem use very basic inexpensive materials.

3. If we had the opportunity to be able to revise our pitch I would take the opportunity to do so. To revise the pitch I would incorporate a creative visual component that would illustrate the process of the creation of our public art piece. Also, I would incorporate more visual components to show the audience in order for them to gain a better understanding of the project. The final component that I would revise would be the delivery of the pitch. Finally, I feel that the pitch could be more creative, fun, and entertaining for the audience, getting them involved and really wanting to put this piece on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment