Thursday, February 24, 2011

Public Art Pitch Reflection- Ryan Rosebrough

1. If I were a Butler alum and was able to attend the "pitch session", I would have chosen "Blue's Buried Treasure". I feel as if this project is a very innovative project that not only adds a much needed flare to Butler's Campus, but it aslo acts as a sort of self-guiding tour. This would benefit students by giving them another fun, unique thing to do on campus. Not onlwould this benefit students, but it would also benefit visiting families as well. the scavenger hunt is a fun family activity that is friendly to all ages. It has the ability to promote bonding between kidas and adults as they figure out the clues and tour Butler's campus. All-in-all, i believe this would be an excellent public art addition to a campus that is lacking art.

2. I believe that my group's project, "Jungle Jim", would cost the most money to fund. There would be many moving mechanical parts which I feel would be quite expensive to assemble. Maintenance would also cost quite a bit as the mechanical aspects of an outdoor treadmill would have to be protected against the unforgiving elements.

3. If I could something about out pitch, I would want to slow down the talking and try to really sell our idea better. Granted I thought our pitch was good, it was not perfect. I would have also like to have been more of a salesman rather than a presenter.

No comments:

Post a Comment