Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Aisha Townsend- 100 Acres Reflection




As I watch that video, I did think back to before I knew what 100 Acres was. I remember riding on the highway and seeing the Jungle Gym resembling basketball court and not knowing what it was. I look at 100 Acres as a hidden Indianapolis treasure because you don't know what else is back there until you go check it out your self. If you played on these items of public art, I guess you would have even felt like the children in the video. The Stratum Pier would've had to be my favorite piece. The different levels that the piece offered allowed you to see the lake and the nature around you from different levels and angles as well. I wondered what it was made of, what I was standing on, and what it was used for from many others who've stood on it as well; proposals, fishing, or just to relax. I least understood the Team Building (align). Was it a spaceship? What did it represent? I think that 100 Acres is apart of the IMA that everyone in Indianapolis can take advantage of.

No comments:

Post a Comment