Monday, September 13, 2010

Gabe Hulecki - 100 Acres Reflection

My experience at 100 Acres was very interesting and I enjoyed each piece of artwork. I appreciated all the different styles and designs that went into constructing each piece. It was cool to see them in this sort of environment and I agree with the video in the fact this brings many people together to get a feel for this type of artwork. Each piece is very interactive and brings out the theme of "Play", which I really enjoyed. I got to stand up on the bones of the skeleton and jump from piece to piece to get the full experience. I found the Indianapolis Island to be the most interesting because of he obvious fact that there were art students living in it. It must be an amazing experience for them. They get the full effect of the meaning of art by actually living in the artwork. The piece I least understood was Funky Bones. I like the idea of it, but I did not know exactly what message the artist was trying to send. Overall I thought 100 Acres was a great place to visit and I plan on returning in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment