Monday, September 13, 2010

Grant Lewis- 100 Acres Reflection


My experience at 100 Acres was a lot like the ones that were exhibited in the PBS video. I usually wouldn't be caught dead in an art museum simply because they bore me, however the artwork in 100 acres was extremely interesting and fun for me to look at. I think that since engineering and artwork were combined to make these pieces that it is much more appealing to many people. The one piece that raised the most questions for me was also the one that I liked the most. That piece of artwork was the two giant circles suspended in the air known as Team Building(Align). I found it interesting because i found myself wondering how they built it and how they positioned it so during the summer solstice the shadows would combine as one. I thought the piece of artwork was an eye catcher and would interest and raise many questions from future visitors to 100 Acres.

No comments:

Post a Comment