Monday, September 13, 2010

Ashleigh Schneckenberger-100 Acres Reflection


I think that my experience in 100 Acres was a lot different than what the PBS station posted. When I was at 100 Acres, I was not really sure if you could get on the sculptures and play around so I just stood and looked at the art instead of really embracing it. I thought the most interesting piece of art was the Indianapolis Island. The igloo looking piece of artwork was not just an igloo in a pond but it was actually a home for the two artists. This shows that art is more than just a visual thing it can have uses as well. I didn't understand the two rings that were raised in the trees. This one I felt didn't have another purpose is was just strictly artwork. It made me wonder what the artist was thinking because it almost resembled a space ship to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment