Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cam THompson- Reflection on Public Art Proposal

Personally, I feel my group made a strong presentation for our Bridge Project proposal because we supported our pitch using various mediums including pictures, drawings, a slide show and a model. We should have slowed down, however, and taken more time to walk the class through our work- I know that I definitely rushed through the slides and pictures more than I had liked, so the audience probably did not get the sense of what the bridge had to offer entirely. Although we had a good presentation and it was clear that we had spent a lot of time on our art proposal, the biggest area of improvement for my group would be selling our idea- taking more time to persuade the audience why our piece offered the most functional and aesthetic elements.

I particularly admired the way the Butler Bubbles, Holcomb Glasses, The Watering Hole and Of Treasures and Tunes conveyed their visions of their group's art proposals. The Butler Bubbles group did a great job of using humor to personally connect the audience to their idea; while the other groups really utilized their time to explain and help paint a mental image for the audience. Their presentations were very persuasive. The Watering Hole group also did an excellent job in factoring in the cost of their structure, which most everyone else ignored, including my group. Humor, along with personal connection/relevance and cost efficiency are two very persuasive strategies that my group maybe could work on for future proposals.

No comments:

Post a Comment