Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Stephanie Hodgin-100 Acres Reflection


I would say that my experience at the 100 Acres Park was somewhat similar to that in the video. I appreciated all of the works of art at the exhibit and found myself climbing on the skeleton 'benches' and yellow spiral benches. However, I do realize that I didn't find the park as whimsical as some other people because I still tend to look at everything in a practical way instead of in a more playful way. My favorite sculpture at the park was the first one that we saw, the basketball one at the entrance of the park. It had the brightest colors, and I liked the movement that it created and it was something that I never would have thought of. The artwork that I had the most questions about was the Indianapolis Island that art students live in for a portion of the year as part of the study. I wonder what the inside looks like, what the living conditions are like, and I would like to hear from a student that has experienced the Island and ask them why they were inclined to participate in the art project.

No comments:

Post a Comment