Thursday, September 2, 2010

T.J. Sansone - Play-Doh and Creativity

In class on Tuesday when I saw that we would be playing with Play-Doh, I was pretty skeptical. I had not even touched Play-Doh since before I was a teenager, which was a little off-putting for a college-level course. However, as soon as I got the Play-Doh in my hands, it took me right back to the mindset that I had the last time I played with it, all those years ago. Seeing, smelling, and touching the Play-Doh also helped to provoke the creativity in me, especially the second time we were asked to make something, without using the objects listed on the board.

I feel that this activity relates to the article we read on the decline of creativity in the United States, in that people can sometimes forget about their own creativity, as it becomes bogged down in the torrent of media that is constantly fighting for our attention in this modern day and age. Sometimes all it takes to spark that creativity in a person can be something as simple as Play-Doh, to take that person back to the days when being creative and using one's imagination came naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment