Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mike Park- Public Artwork Reflection

I think our presentation went great. We all worked well as a team and did our respective parts. What made our group flow was the similarities in our ideas. Basketball was the main theme we wanted to incorporate into our public artwork proposal. So in the end, one idea was enough to elaborate on and create a great structure. If there was anything I would want to change, it would be the variety of ideas we brainstormed. Although our original idea worked well, I still think we could have gone beyond and listed many other possibilites. In this aspect, I believe we were limited and could have even made a better structure. All in all I am pleased with what we came up with. It's location in the Holcomb Gardens perfectly went along with our theme of peace and tranquility which is also associated with basketball as we explained. In terms of the other groups, I think they did a great job not caring about the budget and going way beyond. They made incredible structures which makes our project look miniscule. I think we could have exploited the limitless budget aspect of the project and could have made an extraordinary structure as well. What also impressed me was the detail the other groups had with their structure's functions. For example, the music fountain one was truly fascinating. It looks simple, but incorporating the musical notes with the fountain jets was really cool. All in all, this was good project and I am proud of our project as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment