Thursday, September 16, 2010

Michael Park- 100 acres reflection

The IMA official in the video claimed that the park makes art a more physical and an engaging experience that broadens up our minds. From my personal experience, I think the "engaging" aspect of it was true because these art works were of a greater magnitude as opposed to a simple painting or a sculpture. "Free Basket" raised the most questions for me. It was a very unique and cool way to create a basketball court. However, I didn't really understand all the arches and the placement of the basketball hoops. I was unaware of what the authors intentions were. The piece that I least understood was probably "Indianapolis Island." In my perspective, it was just a round white mass floating in the middle of the lake. It just seemed to simple and dull to have any meaning which raised the question why it was even made. That I do not know. As for the questions it raised for me, it made me think about me and my creative self. For example, I thought about how I could implement some of the ideas these artists did in my own works so I can improve my artistic mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment