Thursday, September 16, 2010

Jenny Green-100 Acres Reflection

Comparing the video to my experience to the 100 Acres, I would say I had a similar experience. I have gone to the IMA a few times since I first started at Butler, so it was nice to see them extend their museum with the 100 Acres. I think it is a way for them to attract more people to the museum, as well as allow people to see art work out in the beauty of nature. The piece which raised the most question for me was the Indianapolis Island. It raised question to me because when I found out people resided in it, I wanted to do it immediately. I think it would be fun to live away from the world for a little while and just experience nature at its best. The piece I least understood was Eden II. I didn't understand the meaning behind it until I watched the video, which helped cleared up my lack of understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment