Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Caitlyn Carmony - 100 Acres Reflection

I feel that the park wasn't as great at the video made it sound. I enjoyed being out in the wooded area because it reminded me of home, but I don't really like all of the art pieces. One of the pieces that raised a question for me was the Park of Laments. I didn't actually go into it. I didn't know that we could. I wish I would have gone in now, I think I would have liked it after seeing it in the video. The Indianapolis Island also raised a lot of questions for me. I really want to know what it's like to live in there. I think it's really interesting that they'll put a flag up and allow people to come in. I hope one day I could maybe go back and do that. My favorite piece was Type A. I like the way it contrasted with the trees it was hung in. Overall I feel this was a good exposure to public art even if I didn't understand or like all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment