Monday, September 13, 2010

Lili Kyurkchiyska- 100 Acres Reflection


My experience at the 100 Acres was quite different than the one the little kids had when they were playing around the park. I guess I had my own way of appreciating the art. Just by looking at it I created mental understanding of the pieces and what they really meant to me. The art project that I liked the most was the Stratum Pier by Kendall Buster. I liked the way the object was set up; I liked the layers and the curvature of the shape. It created a peaceful feeling when you stood on the platform and watched the water slowly moving. The color also contributed to the peacefulness, green was a great pick for a nature piece such as this one. The project that I least understood was the Team Building (Align). The meaning of it was just unclear to me. The artist’s intention of what he wanted the viewer to get from the piece was a little confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment