Monday, September 13, 2010

JoJo Ciancio- 100 Acres Reflection


I felt my experience at 100 Acres was different than what was experiened by the kids in the video. I was not really able to climb and jump around on the art sculptures because of my torn acl. But nevertheless I still really enjoyed my experience. While I wasn't physically able to interact with the art, I instead interacted with the art mentally. My favorite piece was the Park of the Laments by Alfredo Jaar. I felt this was the most interesting piece in the park. I found it so peaceful and relaxing up there because you were isolated from the rest of the world. You were hidden from everyone else. You could go up there and just relax and completely indulge yourself in the outdoors. The piece I least understood was the artwork that had the two circular rings that hung in the trees. What was the artist thinking? What was the artist trying to get out of the viewer? What did he or she want us to think when we saw this piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment