Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ashley - Fashion/Color Reflection



I learned that the people in my group shared a common sense of fashion. We all picked very similar colors and styles for our lines and we all emphasized the need for a relaxed look. We wanted something suitable for young college kids with busy lives. We all also felt like our lines would be more urban in feel than suburban, which was an interesting choice especially because we all agreed on it. Blue and grey were present in all our choices and we each had one personal color as an accent. Not only do I think that our styles are very similar, I think our collective line would be a huge hit!

The piece of clothing I chose to include is a purple cotton dress. I wear it all the time, especially in the summer. My favorite color is purple, which is also why it was included in my line. The other colors I chose to work with are blue and grey. I wear these colors a lot and they are also both comfortable and simple. These qualities were important to me in my design. I wanted a collection that was easy to wear, easy to mix and match, and easy to dress up or down. I wanted something that was comfortable and still cute. Something you could just throw on and go. Something effortless. And that's why my line became "Effortless". I like the idea of making fashion easy and personal. I believe this dress is part of that.

In a few years, when I no doubtable become a hugely successful Butler graduate, I will most likely be working for a large non-profit arts organization. As such, my attire will be business casual- skirts, dresses, trouser pants, flowery tops, flats, cardigans. I will definitely have to find items I can work long hours in and still feel comfortable and look cute. Because I'm in an arts setting, I can stretch the corporate dress code a bit and find things that express my personal style and creativity. Out of the office, I can imagine I will wear much the same kind of clothes I wear now. Probably jeans and cotton dresses, t-shirts, sweaters, and sneakers. Simple things. Effortless items.

No comments:

Post a Comment