Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lori Andriot- Fashion/Color Reflection



1. During our group discussion I learned that many people like to still with the basics: white, black, grey. Probably more or less for convenience that for a lack of wanting to have color in their lives. Of course there were people in the class, and even in my small group, and really enjoyed wearing color, of all sorts and variation, as much as possible. I also noticed in my small group than comfort was something that was essential in a wardrobe. Whether it's a love of yoga pants, or uggs, or anything else that personally comforts you in someway, it is sought out in fashion choices. Which I understand, this is why I fight into the majority. I have more neutral clothes in my closest than anything else and although for me I don't find comfort in sweatpants (don't own a pair), I do find comfort in such things as jeans and v-neck t-shirts.
2. The clothing line that would essentially be inspired by my fashion decisions would, I hope, be named after me. And I really don't mean that to be conceited at all, however I think that were someone to design an entire clothing line around my choices, that it would only be fitting to name it after me. However if that were not to go over to well, then I would like it to be named the "colorful conundrum." This name would be fitting, because there would be a puzzling lack of color. I essentially don't wear color- except for blue. So this clothing line would be fashioned out of grays and blacks and whites, and blues- with hints of other colors. It would be a classic line of clothing that could potentially be worn by a person for a good length of their life (that is unless their clothing style were to change). The picture that I attached is my formal dress, and it holds an abundance of the things that I personally look for in clothing. Its classic, has a very retro (1940's) vibe to it, which personifies my old soul, it also is very neutral in color, yet at the same time is hard to describe in color. Alas, this clothing line would be filled with very similar options to this one, and it would be geared toward a mature audience. I'm not going to but an age limit on it because I don't feel that maturity can be described by age, but never the less those that are comfortable and mature enough to wear this line can and hopefully will.
3. In several years I hope to be a pharmacist so a typical work outfit would be business attire. Which I LOVE. So typically I would be wearing business pants and pencil skirts and nice blouses and button-down shirt. For play outfits it would probably be very similar to what I wear on a typical day now. Jeans, boots or flats, and v-neck shirts, because that's what I'm comfortable in.

No comments:

Post a Comment