Monday, March 28, 2011

Silhouette Project


This silhouette project helped me take a deeper look into who I am, and how I have changed within the past couple years of my life. I’ve always known that I am an “older soul,” I’ve never truly believed that I was born in the proper time period. Even when I talk to others about my personality and my “inner spirit” everyone comes to the agreement that the personality traits that I possess are not characteristic within modern-day social mores. Alas that is why I chose to do the foreground of my silhouette project in a classic black and white style. Aside for this style being a classic, tradition style it also reminding me of one my favorite past-times, photography. My love of photography, particularly my love of black and white photography is the reason why I chose to construct the foreground out of circles. To me this overlapping of black and white circles reminds me a lot of a camera flash, that bright light that has the ability to cut through the darkness and produce something that can last a person a life time. And that is what I have learned about myself through this assignment, that I have the ability to be that ‘light’ on someone’s life (as clichéd as that may sound). Alas, I have yet to talk about the background of my silhouette. It as well plays off my old soul, the lines of color are not random, they are in a pattern similar to that of television that has lost its signal. Not only does this show my affinity for the modern technological era, but it is also symbolic of me being out of touch with the modern era. I will be the first to admit that there is a disconnect between myself and the modern world, much like the signal of a television being lost. More importantly I chose to do the background in a decorum of rigid geometric triangular shapes, this signifies the rigidity of the world out outside of the bubble that I like to call my life. Overall I can say that I have learned a lot about myself through this assignment, more importantly I’ve learned that although there may be a disconnect between me and the technological world, I can still be a presence in it and should not be afraid to be myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment