Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Kathryn Graham- Fashion/Color Reflection


1) From the discussion our group had I was able to learn something new about people's fashion sense compared to mine. Along with being able to learn something new I was also able to connect with group members whose fashion taste was similar to mine. By having a male in the group I was also able to learn about fashion from the male point of view.
I learned that men do not like to stick out in a crowd based on their clothing. They like to dress in what they like and do not base clothing choices on what other males wear. Many often like to blend in and wear more earth tone to darker colors. Also, the male in our group liked to shop in more contemporary stores such as Gap or Pac Sun.
Female fashion sense on the other hand varied from the male fashion sense. Women want to look good and will take the time to get ready in the morning and select clothing to allow them to look put together. They tend to choose articles of clothing that are staples that can be translated into many different outfits. Colors of clothing tend to be neutral colors as well much like the male in our group.
My personal fashion sense differed from other group member's fashion sense in that I tend to dress more athletic than the others but when I do dress nice I love to dress in clothes that are contemporary and preppy. We do share similar taste though in color in that we all dress in neutral colors along with viewing our style as what we like and not what other people think. Finally, we all had a similar taste in clothing styles which would be classified as contemporary.
2) The line of clothing that I came up with for Mr. Laurent would be called C.A.S. This would stand for Classy, Athletic, and Sophisticated. I gave my line this name because it describes my style and my outlook on fashion and life. I believe this line would appeal to women between the ages of 20-30, who are working women but still like to get out and exercise when they have free time. The colors for the line include coral, white, and black because white and black are staple colors for any women with the addition of being the go to colors in times of fashion need while coral adds spunk and personality to any type of clothing. I would incorporate my favorite article of clothing into my line in a variation of the actual piece. The blazer could be made in all of the colors I chose which could be used for any season depending on the color you bought and would act as a staple in any woman's wardrobe but could also jazz up just a regular outfit.
3) Considering the field of work I am going into, elementary education, my clothing will differ from a business world look others would wear. In order to incorporate my fashion sense and style I would love to buy all my clothing from J. Crew. My work outfit would consist of a nice pair of khaki slacks with a fun white top that would be placed under a coral cardigan with beige or taupe heels and accented with a trendy necklace, bracelet or earrings depending on my mood (or activity in my classroom) for the day. My play outfit would be completely different from my work outfit. I would wear a Nike workout outfit, which would be consist of capris, a t-shirt, and a jacket with a pair of fun colored Nike sneakers in order to be comfy but still have the element of an active lifestyle I want to have. Of course I would also have to have my grocery outfit, shopping outfit, nightlife outfit, lounging outfit, etc., etc. considering that I love fashion and am an extremely successful Butler grad!


No comments:

Post a Comment