Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fashion Reflection-Veronika Lewis


1. I learned that a big part of other people's fashion sense was similar to mine as far as the way things are chosen. Laziness, skin tone, and being comfortable had a lot to do with things chosen. Complexion colors that complimented everyone was a big thing for all of us, and because we are college students, we all discussed the fact that deciding how to dress every morning truly depended on how lazy or tired we were. None of us were really expressing our "fashion sense" in class on Thursday because we were having one of those lazy days, where dressing to express us and our personality was not a priority. Being comfortable in what we were wearing was another big thing for all of us. To enjoy fashion, you must be comfortable in your own skin with what you are wearing.

2. The clothing line I came up with was called "Comfy, but Classy". This was to represent the fact that no matter what I'm wearing whether it is a fancy dress, or beautiful high heeled boots, or skinny jeans, they all must have a comfy factor to in me over. I don't care how cute something is if I'm not relaxed and comfortable wearing it. The colors I would use in my line I said would be black, turquoise, and green. Choosing only three colors is extremely difficult for me though, because I absolutely love floral. That would be a big thing in my design. I love floral and designs. I am not big on just plain shirts, I like color on color, and color that will blend together nicely. Ironically, my favorite article of clothing being this dress I posted, is white with huge red flowers, but includes blue and the type of green I love. It is floral, so that's where that taste comes into my line. So i don't think it's fair I can only pick three colors, because with designs and floral patterns, there could potentially be many more colors involved. I would say college students would buy the line, high school as well.

3. A typical work outfit would consist of a pencil skirt and either moderately high comfortable heels or black boots with a small heel, dark nylons, and a button down tucked in collared shirt. Maybe I'd through a blazer on now and then. A typical "play" outfit would be probably what it is today. For me "play" means the most comfortable thing in my closet and that would probably include leggings or yoga pants, moccasins, and a big t-shirt or a sweatshirt hoddie. If this was to just hang out, that's what I would wear; If I was planning on going somewhere out, I'd probably wear skinny jeans, boots, and a bright colored, floral tank top and cardigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment