Thursday, March 24, 2011

Silhouette Collage


My silhouette collage was created using nearly all geometric shapes except where creating my silhouette require the use of half amorphous shapes. Using mainly geometric shapes was a way for me to illustrate my need for control and order in my life. I like things to be a certain way which is why my silhouette is well ordered mosaic tiles. The different colors of the tiles represent different aspects of my personality. Cool, pale blues are a calming color to me, they represent my efforts to keep my life well ordered and laid back when possible. The darker blues are more mysterious and indicate a more brooding aspect to my personality. The shades of silver are bright, they show that when I am good at something I can really shine. The pops of grapefruit color are to show that I am not always serious and do have a fun and spontaneous side. In the ground around my silhouette I used dark colors, a lot of contrasting colors, and some brighter colors to represent different elements of the world as I see it. Its a lot to look at, sort of chaotic and a little distracting, which is how the world often seems to me. I also used some of the same mosaic tiles from my silhouette in the background to show how I try to influence and control some of the world around me. I noticed when I finished my collage that my silhouette almost seems to be lost among the many elements I included. It surprised me, but seemed fitting to my personality. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the world, I don’t like being the center of attention and prefer to find a way to blend in to the background. Although if people care to look, I am easy enough to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment