Friday, March 4, 2011

Fashion/Color Reflection- Mark Hirschenberger



1. During class on Thursday, on learned things about other people's fashion sense that surprised me. The two people in my group both had aspects to their fashion sense that were similar and different to my fashion sense. The similarities consisted of color. We all agreed that we loved neutral colors (such as grays and browns) with random touches of brighter colors (such as green or pink). It was interesting to know that we all had similar motives for dressing how we were. We agreed that we all tried to dress nicely at times, and comfortably at other times and that looking nice and being comfortable should have a common ground.

2. The line of clothing I came up with for Laurent was called "The Conforming Hipster." I came up with this name because I have been called a hipster a few times for the way I dress occasionally. A hipster can be defined as the "beatnik" generation of the 21st century. They dress in clothes with neutral colors from thrift stores. By doing this, this counter-culture feels they are being different from the masses. I feel that if I can be called a "hipster" without shopping at thrift stores and by wearing some colors that stand out, this trend needs to be changed. It is an interesting way to dress, but I feel it needs to changed up. The colors involved with this line would be a variety of sets of colors. They would very from articles with just neutral colors, to articles with both neutral and standing out colors, to articles of clothing with mostly stand out colors with some neutrals in them. I feel it could give more people the chance to dress like this without being called a "hipster" or being limited to certain styles or colors. The clothing would be compared to that of Gap or H&M, but with a more youthful feel. I would display random images on the shirts or messages of various colors and patterns. Anybody would by clothes from this line since there would be colors and styles available for people with all fashion and color tastes. It is a very, very diverse line and will allow all the people that buy it to share some similarities, even if the have very different fashion tastes. Dressing differently is important because it is a way to express yourself without using any words. My goal was to allow people to dress differently but have some similarities and relations. This t shirt in my picture would be the perfect example of something that would be in my line. It has a really dull, neutral gray color, but has very bright colors on the design. The image on the shirt is of a man shooting flowers and music out of a cannon at a military group with a message saying "When Inflicted By Love, The System Changes."

3. Several years from now as a Butler graduate, I would be a business major. I would most likely be required to wear at least a shirt and tie, but I would try to be fashionable about it (i.e. the shape of length of tie, depending on the trend). Why not try to have fun if you have to dress up?
My clothes for play would consist of jeans, t shirts, and hoodies similar to what I described for my clothing line.

No comments:

Post a Comment