Friday, March 4, 2011

Lauren Bacon - Fashion/Color Reflection

The conversation about fashion sense was interesting for me because I was in a group with Ryan and Mike. All three of us had relatively different fashion sense. However, both of them were less concerned than I was when it came to getting dressed for the day. Rather than base my fashion sense on comfort, I usually consider what I will be doing for the day. It was also interesting to discuss our own fashion sense because style varies so much between males and females. Even though fashion sense and style vary between males and females, I had one color in common with Ryan (blue) and one color in common with Mike (black).



I chose to name my line "Sass&Class." This is because I always try to wear relatively classy/classic clothing paired with one or two elements that are completely opposite. I do not like to match 100%, adding a touch of sass to my style. Being limited to only three colors was hard for me, but I ultimately decided on purple, blue, and black because purple and blue are my favorite colors, and black always looks professional. I decided that young up and coming individuals would be the target market, skewed closer to the early to mid 20s range. To the left, I uploaded a picture of my favorite pair of kicks. Most people do not expect me, a relatively girly, put together individual to wear a pair of kicks so bold and masculine. These could be in my line of clothing if the colors were changed to purple, blue, and black. I typically wear these shoes with jeans or leggings and a toned down conservative shirt, displaying my previously mentioned combination of class and sass.

Hopefully, I will be working in the advertising agency industry. Thus, I will be able to wear casual, trendy clothes to the office. A typical outfit in the office will be jeans and a trendy top with fun heels. However, when I have client meetings, it is expected to dress according to how the client dresses. So, for some meetings I will have to either be in business casual or business professional, depending on who the client is. Most likely much of my work and play clothes will be the same wardrobe based on the laid back attitude of the industry. Plus, I love advertising, and working in an agency is a goal of mine, so work and play will combine often because I will (hopefully) greatly enjoy my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment