Saturday, March 5, 2011

Carly Sobolewski- Fashion/Color Reflection

1.) During the discussion with William and Nicole I realized that each of us has a unique sense of style but also that there are similarities in the reasons for why we dress certain ways. We talked about how we dress differently depending on the situation, location, and our peers. We all agreed that as college students we should try to look more put together but also make sure that we have more comfortable clothes for outside of school and work. We all tend to shop at places with reasonable prices. Compared to Nicole and William my style was a little more casual and easy to move in because I am very active.
2.) My clothing line that I would present to Mr. Lament would be called, "Go with the Flow, " because comfort is one of my top priorities and I am always on the move so I need clothes that are flowy (I think I just made that word up!) and light. The colors that would be in the line would be mostly neutral colors (gray, navy, off-white, black, beige) because those are the colors I am usually drawn to when shopping and they can be incorporated into lots of outfits. The line would be chic and versatile. The pieces would be ones that are comfortable enough to hang out in but also could be dressed up for work situations and events. College students would likely buy the clothes. They are casual but still make you feel and look like an effort was made. Various pieces similar to the laced razorback tank pictured above would be in the collection.
3.) In the future I will hopefully be working in a rehabilitation center or independently employed as an art therapist. My typical work outfit would be chic and put together but something that I am not too afraid to get messy. Maybe a cute skirt or nice jeans and a top that complements the outfit. I believe that you'll probably see my in an apron frequently depending on the project being made. Outside of work I would wear cute tees and jeans depending on the activities and my mood for that particular day.

No comments:

Post a Comment