Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Silhouette Portrait-Radha Patel


When I first thought about doing my self-portrait, I thought I would do my favorite colors: purple and red, but I didn’t know how these colors would signify me besides the fact that I love these colors. I started thinking about something that has been very important in my life. First I started off by thinking about college and then about who I am as a person. I realized my life is filled with love from my family to my friends and now my boyfriend. I decided to make the outside of the silhouette red hearts and the inside a golden color in different torn shapes. Every shape in this collage is amorphous and when I thought about the significance of this I realized love does not have any boundaries. When I think of geometric shapes, it reminds me of boundaries and they are clear and cut shapes, but amorphous shapes have more “free space” and are not clear and cut just like love. I wanted to make my shadow different; therefore I made my shadow as blowing a kiss to show an expression of love. I realized I possess a lot of objects with hearts including three necklaces, two bracelets, earrings, many shirts, heart pillows, a jewelry box and scarves. As I was doing the silhouette I thought about all the people I love and that love me. I realized love in my life grows more and more everyday, especially romantic love. I used a golden yellow on the inside because that is how love makes me feel. It makes me feel warm just like that color. It brightens my life and gives me a feeling of coziness. Also as I was doing the project I realized the hearts around my shadow stand for love and just like my shadow is surrounded by love, so am I. I am truly grateful for that everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment