Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Silhouette Portrait

The process of making this project really says a lot about me as a person. In planning and even while doing this project, I kept changing my mind as to what exactly I wanted it to look like and what I wanted it to represent. I always seem to change my mind on a whim! Something I learned about myself that surprised me is that my first thought may not always be my best or of better quality. I’ve always been taught to “follow my first mind” but by doing this project I see that my first idea would not have been of as good quality as what I have done now.

There are a variety of ways I used the colors to make a portrait of me. I used black and white as the colors for the silhouette for various reasons. The colors are arranged in a jumbled fashion, which represents how my mind usually goes 75 miles per hour because I am constantly thinking and doing things in a fast pace. Also, many of my friends call me an Oreo, black on the outside and white on the inside, so the colors also show the “mix” of black and white in me.

The ground represents me growing as a person. The colors I used represent my favorite colors as I grew up. When I was younger my favorite color was red, then it was blue, then it was red again, and now it is green. In a way, they serve as a timeline of my life. They are sort of like stages of my life, which is why they are placed in the order they are on the poster and why they are horizontal. As I grew taller, or got older, my favorite color changed so that is why red is at the bottom and green, which represents the present, is at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment