Monday, March 21, 2011

Silhouette Portrait


At the start of this project, I had the idea of this collage in my head, with both the silhouette and background, but as I started working on it I realized the contrast and reasoning for that wasn't clear. I decided to go for contrasting colors in my eyes. Colors that seem to represent me well are blue, greens, grays, because those colors represent calm, easy going, relaxed feelings which are qualities I feel I exude. I developed this personality as I became older and more mature and aware of what is necessary to get upset, or frustrated about. Learning to ignore the stress in the back of your mind is something that took me a long time to adjust to, but it still surrounds me. I keep my calm though no matter what. This is why the backdrop is all red. Red to me can represent passion, but also fury, anger, stress, something that takes a lot of energy and it's something I can overcome with the serenity I feel in my life now. The one bit of yellow represents the beginning of stress returning. I think of yellow, orange, and red as similar bright, high energy colors, so it shows that I can't completely rid of everything, but the majority can be beat by my laidback personality.

As for shapes, they are pretty much ll over the place. I tried to make the red background cuts, more geometric and square, rectangular shapes for the most part that makes me uncomfortable, while the blues, greens, and gray's all kind of melt together and swim together combining into many elements of my personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment