Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Marissa Kampe- Public Art Pitch Reflection

1) If I were a Butler alumni looking to invest in a public art piece on Butler’s campus, I would choose the “Haphazard Hallway”. I really think it would be something unique to Butler’s campus and create a community aspect because it is the students and faculty, the people that use campus the most, who are creating the art. I like that it can have so many different uses and that it would be a new, modern, and unique addition to the older buildings around campus.

2) I think the project that would involve the most funding would be the “Ask Blue” project. As creative and innovative as it is, the cost of the touch screens and other materials needed could become highly expensive, as well as the maintenance for it. Then you would come into the issue of having to have someone updating events regularly. Although it is a great idea, it could become very expensive, very quickly, due to maintenance of the touch screen, actual cost of touch screens and other materials to create the statues and then updating the information on the “Ask Blue” program.

3) Due to illness for an entire week, I was unfortunetly unable to participate in my groups art pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment